With matric farewell parties being the order of the day over the next couple of months, here are a few tips on how to prepare for your matric farewell photo shoot to ensure that you will look even more awesome when your portrait photos are taken on the day.
- The winter sun in South Africa can be very harsh so don’t overdo sun tanning, especially the week before the party. No one wants to appear red from sunburn on the photographs.
- If you want to get a haircut, why not do it about two weeks before the time. This will ensure your hair looking great, but the “new haircut” look will be gone.
- Be yourself. Wear clothes that will make you feel good and look great. Don’t overdo it. This goes for makeup as well.
- Glasses can be a problem when taking photos, as glare on the lenses can cause a problem. Why not ask the optometrist for a loan frame for the day without glasses, just for the photos. You’ll still look the same, but definitely without the reflections.
- Accessorize. Ensure that you select your accessories correctly, so as to compliment your outfit.
- Ensure that you also double check the details, such as facial hair and painting fingernails perfectly. This may seem insignificant, but it makes a big difference in the final portrait photos. Especially if you are going to print an enlargement that will be hanging on the wall.
- Schedule your photo shoot well in advance. This will ensure that you can schedule the perfect time that suits you for your photo shoot.
To avoid disappointment, visit PiKs Photography today to book your matric farewell portrait photo shoot. Remember to inquire about our 2012 Matric Farewell Portrait Photo Shoot special.